Forensic Tool Selection
Your supervisor has asked you to research current forensic acquisition tools and to compile a list of recommended tools for the new forensics lab.
- Research current forensic acquisition tools listed in Chapter 3, using the and/or the Internet.
- Populate the with information about the forensic acquisition tools you researched.
- Be sure to populate all columns in the template.
- In a separate two-page written report, recommend two tools for use in a forensics lab.
- Be sure to justify your recommendations.
- Integrate into the assignment at least three quality professional and/or academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Note: Be sure to submit the Forensic Acquisition Tool Template and your written report.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your written report to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Recommend acquisition tools for a forensics lab.