Solved by verified expert:For this exercise, please interview at least three people who know you in various capacities (family members, friends, colleagues, classmates, etc.) to develop a profile of how others see you as a negotiator. Explain to them that you are taking a class in negotiations and you would like to ask them some questions to help you better understand your negotiation skills. Ask them to be very candid in their responses so you will know what you need to work on through this course.Interview Questions:
How persistent am I when I want something?
How easily do I give up?
How competitive am I?
How likely am I to use:
Guilt or emotional appeal (“Please!”)
Logical explanation (“You should do this because …”)
Exchange (“I’ll do ____ for you if you do ____ for me.”)
What do you think would make me a better negotiator?
After you complete the interview, please summarize the results on this discussion board with the following three questions:
How did others describe you?
Were the descriptions what you expected?
What, if anything, did they say that surprised you?Note: The interview response actually describes me, I lack confidence which needs to be worked on.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Interview Questions 1:
1. How persistent am I when I want something? -Crystal is very persistent when she
wants something. She demonstrates strong will and drive to achieve it.
2. How easily do I give up?- Crystal never gives up. When she encounters an obstacle,
she looks for ways to overcome it.
3. How competitive am I?- Crystal’s biggest competitor is herself. She does not measure
her success against the success of others. She is only in competition with herself and
looking for ways to surpass the goals she sets for herself.
4. How likely am I to use:
1. Guilt or emotional appeal (“Please!”)-Does not use this method of negotiation
2. Logical explanation (“You should do this because …”)- Crystal uses this
method of negotiation often.
3. Exchange (“I’ll do ____ for you if you do ____ for me.”)- Does not use this
method of negotiation
5. What do you think would make me a better negotiator?- To be a better negotiator,
Crystal would need to speak with confidence. Often times she may question if her logic
is correct. In doing this, the receiver of the conversation will not believe what Crystal
is saying. By approaching all conversations with confidence, she will dominate
conversations with others, and improve her overall negotiating skills.
Interview Question 2:
1. How persistent am I when I want something? Crystal can be somewhat persistent when she
wants something. Her level of persistence varies based on what it is she is trying to
achieve or obtain.
2. How easily do I give up? Crystal does not give up easily when she sets her mind to
something. She perseveres through obstacles and finds a way to overcome.
3. How competitive am I? Crystal is more competitive against her own standards for herself
than she is with others. She is difficult on herself if she falls short of a standard she has
4. How likely am I to use:
1. Guilt or emotional appeal (“Please!”) Crystal is most likely to use emotional appeal
since she does not have negotiator skills and lacks confidence in what she has to offer
2. Logical explanation (“You should do this because …”) Crystal is somewhat likely to
use this approach.
3. Exchange (“I’ll do ____ for you if you do ____ for me.”) Crystal is least likely to use
5. What do you think would make me a better negotiator? Crystal can become a better
negotiator by displaying confidence, being assertive, and not being afraid to ask for what
she wants. She should identify clear objectives, establish a strategy for pursuing goals, and
not be discouraged by negative outcomes.
Purchase answer to see full