Solved by verified expert:answer the questions (1972 Quiz Amer Burning )answer the questions (1972 Quiz Amer Burning )
Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. If your house began to fill up with thick, black smoke, what would you do? (answer
2. What would you do if you woke up at night, smelled, smoke, and found that your
bedroom door was shut, but hot when you touched it?
3. Will the clothing you have on now burn?
4. What would you do right now if your clothing caught on fire?
5. If you were trapped in a bedroom on the fifth floor with flames outside in the hall and
smoke pouring in under the door (with no telephone and no fire escape), what would you
6. (a) When you go to a strange place (movie house, friend’s house for the night, hotel,
restaurant, etc.), do you check to see where the exits or fireescapes are? (b) If the
answer to 6(a) was “Yes,” do YOU depend on being able to see the exit to find it, or do
you figure out how to find it in the dark or in thick smoke?
7. Do you have a family escape plan, including ways of getting out of your house if the
stairs or doors are blocked by fire, and a meeting place outside the house?
8. What should you do (or should your wife or mother do) if the frying pan catches on
9. Carbon monoxide is produced by almost all fires. What effect does it have on you
before it makes you sleepy and kills you?
10. Assume you plan to hang by your hands from a window ledge and then drop to the
earth below. Estimate in feet the distance you could drop and still have a 50:50 chance of
surviving without serious injury.
11. (a) What is the reason for having fuses in an electric circuit?
(b) What strength fuse should be used in an ordinary lighting circuit?
12. What number should you dial to report a fire by telephone, and how should you report
13. When is an electric cord dangerous? (give at least two examples)
14. When is a double plug dangerous?
15. What should you do if you discover a large fire in your basement?
16. If you are trying to light a gas oven or burner and the first match goes out too soon,
what should you do?
What is meant by “spontaneous combustion” or “spontaneous ignition”?
18. How should you store oily or greasy rags?
19. Why should gasoline be stored only in metal cans with self-closing caps?
20. Should you put out an electric fire with water?
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more