Solved by verified expert:Explain why vision, mission, and goals are important to an organization. After explaining the importance of each, select an organization that has an organizational culture that is appealing to you. Why did you select that particular company or organization? What are you looking for in a culture? Grading notes:Your original post should be at least 5 sentences at the very least. Considering the content of this discussion, I’m expecting at least 2-3 full paragraphs.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. Provide an overview on the
importance of mission, vision,
culture, and core values.
2. Discuss operational planning, goal
setting, and strategies.
3. Provide an overview of the role of
forecasting in human resources.
4. Define and explain the role of job
analysis, job descriptions, and job
• HR Planning starts with a clear
What do we do?
What is our purpose?
Where should we put our current focus?
How do we want to be perceived by guests?
• Marriot International:
• “We are committed to being the best lodging and
foodservice company in the world, by treating
employees in ways that create extraordinary
guest service and shareholder value.”
• What does the company aspire to be?
• “The Ritz-Carlton inspires life’s most
Culture and Core Values
• Moral and social values, beliefs, and
• How people interact with each other
• Way things are done
• Core values
• Important foundational behaviors
• Define the culture of an organization
• Address the shortcomings between
the vision and the current state of an
• Strategic vs. Tactical Goals
• Ensuring HR is fully integrated with
the mission, vision, and goals
Human Resource Core
Talent recruitment and selection
Policies and procedures development
Employee training and development
Compensation and benefits
Managing employee performance
• Establishing the basis for other
• Two parts include
Needs (Supply and
• Market dependent
• Supply = available employees who
possess the skills the employer needs
• Demand = number of full-time equivalent
(FTEs’) employees a company needs
• Analyze day-to-day operations to
understand the needs of your
employees and company
Applied consistently and fairly
Reflect the company
Set guidelines for managers
Written in response to company needs and requirements
Developed with input from management
Introduced at appropriate times
Police introduced effectively
• Planning months in advance
• Usually need someone else, such as
the corporate office, to sign off on it
• Relies on sales forecasts from
• Process to identify job duties and
responsibilities and assess how each
job contributes to the organizations’
1. Collect job information
2. Review information with job holder and
verify it is complete
3. Determine what information you want
to include in the job
4. Develop job description/specification
• Ensure employees know what their
• Includes how the job is done and what
the working conditions are
• Job specification lists the knowledge,
abilities, and skills needed to do the
Discussion Questions /
1. Explain why vision, mission, and
goals are important.
2. What makes an organizational
culture appealing? What are you
looking for in a culture?
3. Give three examples of operational
4. Why are job analysis, job
descriptions, and job specifications
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more