Required Textbook: Hagan, Frank E., Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology, Pearson Education,Inc., 2014. ISBN: 978-0-13-300861-6.
1. What is the UCR? What are its major components? What are the major components of the crime index? The calculation of crime rate? What have been some major identified shortcomings of the UCR?
2. Given the identified shortcomings of the UCR, read and then discuss how features of the redesigned UCR may eliminate some of these shortcomings.
3. Discuss the National Incident-Based Reporting System. What are some of its principal features as well as advantages over the traditional UCR?
4. What are some possible explanations for the crime dip of the 1990s?
5. Discuss the various types of sampling and when it would be most appropriate to use each one.
6. For what is weighting used in disproportionate stratified sampling, and why would samples be disproportionately drawn in the first place?
Use APA Formatting
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more