5. Which of the following is true of fixed-position layouts?
a. The changeover requirements are low at best.
b. The automation potential is moderate.
c. The volume of product demand is high in most instances.
d. The equipment utilization is high, except when using cellular manufacturing.
e. The balance of equipment utilization versus automation potential is low.
6. By definition, assembly line balancing:
a. Is a one-time activity only, as this technique helps manufacturing managers and planners solve an immediate bottleneck in operations
b. Attempts to help manufacturing managers and planners to maximize the production rate for a given number of workstations.
c. Attempts to help manufacturing managers and planners minimize the number of workstations for a given production rate.
d. Attempts to help manufacturing managers and planners load work into early workstations instead of suffering imbalances and lost productivity.
e. None of the above are attributable to assembly line balancing situations.
7. Fancy Trends Inc., a handbag manufacturing company, assembles handbags in an assembly line using 10 workstations. The target output for an 8-hour workday is 120 bags. The sum of the task times is 30 minutes/bag. The cycle time is 4 minutes/bag. The assembly-line efficiency is _____.
8. According to your textbook, the determination of specific job tasks and responsibilities is/are called ____.
a. Job design
c. Job enlargement
d. Job enrichment
e. Job-knowledge gap analysis
9. Based upon your reading of the textbook, which of the following is not a disadvantage of virtual teams?
b. Equipment changeover and sharing
c. Synchronizing calendars
d. Socialization e. Working hours
10. As best as you can determine, when planning or analyzing capacity planning systems, safety capacity is intended for all of the following except:
a. power outages
b. equipment breakdowns
c. diseconomies of scale
d. material shortages
e. seasonal demand
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more